pymacs + dbus

Discussion in 'Python' started by pber, Sep 7, 2005.

  1. pber

    pber Guest

    Hi all,
    I'm on trouble with pymacs and python binding of DBus 0.23.

    Emacs/Xemacs have their gnuclient(s) to make remote calls to,
    but I wanted to (try to) make some xemacs functions callable
    via dbus.

    Shortly:
    - pymacs loads some python classes that publish the method
    "pop_to_window" into a SessionBus (plus a threaded mailoop that
    enables receiving messages from python sub-process)
    - when activated, the method "pop_to_buffer" calls the "real"
    lisp pop_to_buffer using Pymacs.lisp
    - it works if called from inside xemacs: the current buffer switches
    to the specified one.
    - if called from DBus: my object "hears" the request and proceeds
    to activate xemacs as usually, but in this case pymacs seems to ignore
    the request. In buffer *Pymacs*, the last message I read is this:

    <31 (progn (pop-to-buffer "sdbg"))

    and nothing more: pymacs does not reply.

    Any idea?

    Best regards
    Paolo Bernardi

    pber, Sep 7, 2005