pymacs?

Discussion in 'Python' started by Andrea Crotti, Nov 16, 2011.

  1. After a long time, and since it was included iin python-mode, I wanted
    to try if I can
    get ropemacs working finally.
    I have tried many possible things, also in Emacs -Q, and I actually got
    it working
    only once, apparently by pure luck with Emacs -Q:

    (setq py-load-python-mode-pymacs-p nil)

    (setq ca-pymacs-path (expand-file-name
    "~/Emacs-configuration/python-mode/pymacs"))
    (add-to-list 'load-path ca-pymacs-path)
    (setenv "PYMACS_PYTHON" "python2.7")
    (require 'pymacs)

    (pymacs-load "ropemacs" "rope-")
    (setq ropemacs-confirm-saving 'nil)

    The problem is that this configuration doesn't use python-mode.el but
    the standard python.el,
    all my attempts to make this work on my normal configuration failed.
    Did anyone got both correctly working?

    Thanks..

    Andrea Crotti, Nov 16, 2011