PyMedia - some questions

Lad

Hi,
Can anyone answer the following questions?

Question 1.
Can pyMedia create/convert FLV format? I explain in details.
As I would like
to publish videos for viewing in a browser , I need a good video
format.
I learned that FLV (Flash(tm) Video) format could be a good choice.
Or does anybody suggest a better format???

Question 2 .
So, I need to convert a file captured from a video camera into that
FLV (Flash(tm) Video) format .
Can pyMedia do that or must I use ffmpeg directly
like this( to convert from avi to FLV )
ffmpeg -i [sourcefile.avi] -acodec mp3 -ar 22050 -ab 32 -f flv -s
320×240 [destfile.flv]

Question 3,

This command creates a simple FLV format file, containing the video and
audio streams. In addition, FLV files need meta-information such as
duration, frames, etc. FLV movie players use this information to
calculate progress bar sliders and allow the user to fast-forward or
reverse through the video.
Can PyMedia add such meta- information?

Thank you for help
Lad.

Kjell Magne Fauske

I'm not familiar with PyMedia, but this blog entry should be of
interest:

[Video Blogging using Django and Flash(tm) Video (FLV)]
http://blog.go4teams.com/?p=56

It describes a toolchain for publishing AVI files as FLV on the web.
ffmpeg is used together with a few other tools, but Python is used to
glue it all togheter.

- Kjell Magne Fauske