PyMei - Python Media Interface

Jørgen P. Tjernø

Hi!

python-list users: I'm not a subscriber, so please send all replies
off-list as well! (CC or To me)

This is self-advertisement; I've just publised my first "official"
python+pygame project, and I'd love it if people looked at it.

I've recently published my inhouse Python Media Center application,
PyMei (Python Media Interface). I run it on my local Ubuntu HTPC to play
video files and such, and it uses PyGame and PyYAML for the application
itself, and mplayer/vlc for video playback.

It supports plugins and themes, so it should be fairly extensible, but
let me know if you want to do something that isn't currently possible!

I find it useful myself, so I hope someone else will. Please give me any
feedback you might have about the program itself or the webpage!

The project is available at http://pymei.org/ and
http://code.google.com/p/pymei/ - documentation and source on the
latter. Feel free to contact me if you have any feedback or questions,
or direct them to (e-mail address removed) or #pymei @ Freenode.

The program has hardly been run on anything outside my apartment, so I
know it needs some work, but I'd love all kinds of feedback, good or
bad. ;-)