PyMei - Python Media Interface

Discussion in 'Python' started by Jørgen P. Tjernø, Nov 25, 2008.

  1. Hi!

    python-list users: I'm not a subscriber, so please send all replies
    off-list as well! (CC or To me)

    This is self-advertisement; I've just publised my first "official"
    python+pygame project, and I'd love it if people looked at it.

    I've recently published my inhouse Python Media Center application,
    PyMei (Python Media Interface). I run it on my local Ubuntu HTPC to play
    video files and such, and it uses PyGame and PyYAML for the application
    itself, and mplayer/vlc for video playback.

    It supports plugins and themes, so it should be fairly extensible, but
    let me know if you want to do something that isn't currently possible!

    I find it useful myself, so I hope someone else will. Please give me any
    feedback you might have about the program itself or the webpage!

    The project is available at http://pymei.org/ and
    http://code.google.com/p/pymei/ - documentation and source on the
    latter. Feel free to contact me if you have any feedback or questions,
    or direct them to or #pymei @ Freenode.

    The program has hardly been run on anything outside my apartment, so I
    know it needs some work, but I'd love all kinds of feedback, good or
    bad. ;-)

    --
    Kindest regards, Jørgen P. Tjernø,
    who's holding his breath in anticipation of feedback!
    Jørgen P. Tjernø, Nov 25, 2008