PyNew_Interpreter(): "Fatal Python error, invalid thread state for this thread" question

Discussion in 'Python' started by vincent wehren, Dec 11, 2003.

  1. Hi,

    Trying to grasp Py_NewInterpreter()in a simple app embedding Python, I was
    wondering why the following gives me an error:

    int main() {

    PyThreadState *tstate;

    Py_Initialize();
    //The following returns
    //Fatal Python error, invalid thread state for this thread
    tstate = Py_NewInterpreter();

    //etc..

    Python is 2.3.3c1 on Win XP

    Pointers much appreciated