pyodbc on linux

Sean Davis

I have read a couple of blogs suggesting that pyodbc is buildable
under linux. I am running suse 10.2 on a 64-bit intel machine with
unixODBC installed. Upon building, I get a slew of pretty horrid
looking errors that make me wonder if this is supposed to work. Can
anyone at least confirm that this is possible before I try to pursue
things further?

Thanks,
Sean

ajaksu

I have read a couple of blogs suggesting that pyodbc is buildable
under linux.

It is, following these wise words:
"Aargghh! I see that possibly there was a typo in cursor.cpp at line
1385:

Py_UNICODE* pNull = (Py_UNICODE*)wmemchr(pT, 0, cch)

should be

Py_UNICODE* pNull = (Py_UNICODE*)memchr(pT, 0, cch)

Anyway, uncommented what I had commented out and changed the wmemchr
wmemchr and everything compiled."
(I just did it a few hours ago, quite a coincidence :))

HTH,
Daniel

M.-A. Lemburg

I have read a couple of blogs suggesting that pyodbc is buildable
under linux. I am running suse 10.2 on a 64-bit intel machine with
unixODBC installed. Upon building, I get a slew of pretty horrid
looking errors that make me wonder if this is supposed to work. Can
anyone at least confirm that this is possible before I try to pursue
things further?

Have you tried mxODBC ?

https://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/

It's been in production use on Linux for years (including on
64-bit machines).

Regards,
--
Marc-Andre Lemburg