    things further?

    Thanks,
    Sean

    Sean Davis, Jul 21, 2007

  2. Sean Davis

    ajaksu Guest

    On Jul 21, 5:54 pm, Sean Davis <> wrote:
    > I have read a couple of blogs suggesting that pyodbc is buildable
    > under linux.

    It is, following these wise words:
    "Aargghh! I see that possibly there was a typo in cursor.cpp at line
    1385:

    Py_UNICODE* pNull = (Py_UNICODE*)wmemchr(pT, 0, cch)

    should be

    Py_UNICODE* pNull = (Py_UNICODE*)memchr(pT, 0, cch)

    Anyway, uncommented what I had commented out and changed the wmemchr
    wmemchr and everything compiled."
    >From http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=1731205&group_id=162557&atid=824254

    (I just did it a few hours ago, quite a coincidence :))

    HTH,
    Daniel

    ajaksu, Jul 22, 2007

  3. On 2007-07-21 22:54, Sean Davis wrote:
    > I have read a couple of blogs suggesting that pyodbc is buildable
    > under linux. I am running suse 10.2 on a 64-bit intel machine with
    > unixODBC installed. Upon building, I get a slew of pretty horrid
    > looking errors that make me wonder if this is supposed to work. Can
    > anyone at least confirm that this is possible before I try to pursue
    > things further?

    Have you tried mxODBC ?

    https://www.egenix.com/products/python/mxODBC/

    It's been in production use on Linux for years (including on
    64-bit machines).

    Regards,
    --
    Marc-Andre Lemburg
    eGenix.com

    Professional Python Services directly from the Source (#1, Aug 25 2007)

    M.-A. Lemburg, Aug 25, 2007