    python 2.3 from source as well. Is there a work around available?? Thanks
    in advance.

    -s
    Jimmy Johns, Nov 16, 2003

  2. Jimmy Johns wrote:

    >Hi, why hasn't there a version of pyOpenGL for python 2.3.x yet?

    Because no one with MSVC++ 6.0 has stepped up to package it yet :) . I
    don't have access to a copy of VC++ that can be used for externally
    released applications, so I need someone to do the build and produce a
    package for redistribution.

    >Currently
    >the binary installers for windows only work with python 2.2, and will give
    >an when installing for python 2.3.

    Yes, PyOpenGL is a binary package that is linked to specific Python and
    Numpy versions. You cannot use a binary created for Python 2.2 with
    Python 2.3.

    >I can't build it either unless I build
    >python 2.3 from source as well.

    Actually, that's not a requirement. Building requires only the Python
    2.3 distributed from python.org, VC++ and the various .lib and .h files
    as outlined on the installation page.

    >Is there a work around available??

    Arthur has a "minimal" installer available, but it's missing the OpenGL
    extensions:
    http://www.google.ca/groups?selm=

    Note: Tk support is not available under Python 2.3 in any version of
    PyOpenGL.

    If you do have VC++ 6.0, then you just need to follow the build
    instructions linked off the homepage.

    >Thanks
    >in advance.

    Enjoy,
    Mike

    _______________________________________
    Mike C. Fletcher
    Designer, VR Plumber, Coder
    http://members.rogers.com/mcfletch/
    Mike C. Fletcher, Nov 16, 2003

  3. Jimmy Johns

    KefX Guest

    I built PyOpenGL with a binary of Python 2.3 just fine, once I grabbed all the
    needed dependencies. What was your problem?

    - Kef

    KefX, Nov 16, 2003
  4. Jimmy Johns

    Jimmy Johns Guest