    I would be most grateful for any help ...

    Thanks

    Matt
    matthew, Jul 26, 2006

  2. matthew

    Steve Holden Guest

    matthew wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have Python 2-4-2,
    > Numpy 24.2, and PyOpenGL-2.0.2.01 install, along with glut 3.7.
    >
    > The 1st 'funny' thing is that I always seem to get two pythons in
    > /usr/local/bin, ie python and python2.4. These are exactly the same
    > timestamp and size.

    That's probably because they are both links to the same file. The
    UNIX/Linux filesystem uses directory entries (links) to point to data
    files, and so these two are almost certainly referencing the same data.

    > The other problem is that the demos in ../site-packages/OpenGL/Demo/tom
    > crash with a segmentation fault, although others (eg in ../NeHe) work
    > OK.

    If you don't get a traceback or any other diagnostic output it's rather
    difficult to deduce what's causing the problem unless this is a known
    bug. It does appear there may be problems with both numpy and opengl.

    > I would be most grateful for any help ...

    Others may be more assistance with the seg fault.

    regards
    Steve
    --
    Steve Holden +44 150 684 7255 +1 800 494 3119
    Steve Holden, Jul 26, 2006