pyOpenGL tom demo segmentation fault

matthew

Hi,

I have Python 2-4-2,
Numpy 24.2, and PyOpenGL-2.0.2.01 install, along with glut 3.7.

The 1st 'funny' thing is that I always seem to get two pythons in
/usr/local/bin, ie python and python2.4. These are exactly the same
timestamp and size.

The other problem is that the demos in ../site-packages/OpenGL/Demo/tom
crash with a segmentation fault, although others (eg in ../NeHe) work
OK.

I would be most grateful for any help ...

Thanks

Matt

Steve Holden

matthew said:
Hi,

I have Python 2-4-2,
Numpy 24.2, and PyOpenGL-2.0.2.01 install, along with glut 3.7.

The 1st 'funny' thing is that I always seem to get two pythons in
/usr/local/bin, ie python and python2.4. These are exactly the same
timestamp and size.
That's probably because they are both links to the same file. The
UNIX/Linux filesystem uses directory entries (links) to point to data
files, and so these two are almost certainly referencing the same data.
The other problem is that the demos in ../site-packages/OpenGL/Demo/tom
crash with a segmentation fault, although others (eg in ../NeHe) work
OK.
If you don't get a traceback or any other diagnostic output it's rather
difficult to deduce what's causing the problem unless this is a known
bug. It does appear there may be problems with both numpy and opengl.
I would be most grateful for any help ...
Others may be more assistance with the seg fault.

regards
Steve