pyparsing and LaTeX?

Ezequiel, Justin

Anyone parsing simple LaTeX constructs with pyparsing?

Greetings Tim,

Have always wanted a way to parse LaTeX myself.
Unfortunately, I have been moved to a different project.
However, I am still very much interested.
Did you ever get a reply?

Tim Arnold

Greetings Tim,

Have always wanted a way to parse LaTeX myself.
Unfortunately, I have been moved to a different project.
However, I am still very much interested.
Did you ever get a reply?

Hi Justin,
Yes, I did, from the pyparsing forum on Sourceforge. Paul's responses are
excellent and his help for my simple needs really got me started.
http://pyparsing.sourceforge.net/

For now I'm working on a tag translator to convert from one LaTeX tagset to
another, which is a pretty simple task compared to writing a full parser
like pyLaTeX
http://pylatex.sourceforge.net/

--Tim

Mike Meyer

Tim Arnold said:
For now I'm working on a tag translator to convert from one LaTeX tagset to
another, which is a pretty simple task compared to writing a full parser
like pyLaTeX
http://pylatex.sourceforge.net/

You might check out the LyX project. They use python for their
scripting, and have tools to convert LaTeX to LyX's TeX-like
format. Then again, they may not have anything you can use.

<mike