PyQt not working well on Mac OS X

Michael McGarry

Hi,

I am running a Python/Qt app I developed that runs flawlessly in Linux
on my Mac. It is unfortunate not running properly on the Mac OS X. The
window will not come into focus and is grayed out.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks,

Michael

Alex Martelli

Michael McGarry said:
Hi,

I am running a Python/Qt app I developed that runs flawlessly in Linux
on my Mac. It is unfortunate not running properly on the Mac OS X. The
window will not come into focus and is grayed out.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Use pythonw, rather than python, to run any Python script that needs to
have a GUI.

Alex

Dan Sommers

Hi,
I am running a Python/Qt app I developed that runs flawlessly in Linux
on my Mac. It is unfortunate not running properly on the Mac OS X. The
window will not come into focus and is grayed out.
Does anyone have any ideas?

You may have to "bundle" your app -- i.e., create the whole
application.app structure -- rather that just run the python program
from within a shell. Cocoa looks for a bunch of resources in standard
places before it will let your app interact with the user.

Regards,
Dan