pyqt, windows xp and systray applications.. possible?

bastian.salmela

hi,

I've been searching long, and found some information, but still not
enough for me to actually make it happen. so, I ask here.

is it possible, in windows, to make PyQT application hide itself into
systray area?

I read,that you might have to use winEventFilter(), and do some magic
with WM_ messages. well, I don't know enough windows API.. so if anyone
here have done this, could you please help me out and show a little
example how it's done..

thanks in advance.

..b

Lee Harr

hi,

I've been searching long, and found some information, but still not
enough for me to actually make it happen. so, I ask here.

is it possible, in windows, to make PyQT application hide itself into
systray area?

I read,that you might have to use winEventFilter(), and do some magic
with WM_ messages. well, I don't know enough windows API.. so if anyone
here have done this, could you please help me out and show a little
example how it's done..

I recommend joining the pyqt mailing list: