    i have downloaded and configured sip but how to build it???
    whats the make and make install given on the installation....
    Plzzz help m a newbie to python....

    KK, Jun 10, 2011

  2. KK

    Andrew Berg Guest

    On 2011.06.10 08:09 AM, KK wrote:
    > I have python 3.2 installed m not able to install PyQt.....
    > i have downloaded and configured sip but how to build it???

    The pages are misleading. You only need the SIP source if you want to
    build everything from source. Since you don't seem to be familiar with
    make, I'll assume you're on Windows, in which case you should grab the
    binaries here:
    http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download
    Choose the bitness that matches the bitness of your installed Python.

    Andrew Berg, Jun 10, 2011

  3. KK

    KK Guest

    Thanks for the reply!!
    i ve installed the binary....
    but when i import anything of PyQt in my prog it says error....??
    i think there is some problem with folders????

    KK, Jun 10, 2011
  4. On Fri, Jun 10, 2011 at 12:15 PM, KK <> wrote:
    > Thanks for the reply!!
    > i ve installed the binary....
    > but when i import anything of PyQt in my prog it says error....??
    > i think there is some problem with folders????

    What is the exact text of the error message? We can't help you unless
    we know exactly what's wrong.

    Benjamin Kaplan, Jun 10, 2011
  5. KK

    Terry Reedy Guest

    On 6/10/2011 3:15 PM, KK wrote:
    > Thanks for the reply!!
    > i ve installed the binary....
    > but when i import anything of PyQt in my prog it says error....??
    > i think there is some problem with folders????

    If you install in python32/Lib/site-packages, it should work.
    But see Andrew's message. Show both actual import statement and
    resulting traceback and error.

    --
    Terry Jan Reedy

    Terry Reedy, Jun 11, 2011