PyQt

KK

I have python 3.2 installed m not able to install PyQt.....
i have downloaded and configured sip but how to build it???
whats the make and make install given on the installation....
Plzzz help m a newbie to python....

Andrew Berg

I have python 3.2 installed m not able to install PyQt.....
i have downloaded and configured sip but how to build it???
The pages are misleading. You only need the SIP source if you want to
build everything from source. Since you don't seem to be familiar with
make, I'll assume you're on Windows, in which case you should grab the
binaries here:
http://www.riverbankcomputing.com/software/pyqt/download
Choose the bitness that matches the bitness of your installed Python.

KK

Thanks for the reply!!
i ve installed the binary....
but when i import anything of PyQt in my prog it says error....??
i think there is some problem with folders????

Benjamin Kaplan

Thanks for the reply!!
i ve installed the binary....
but when i import anything of PyQt in my prog it says error....??
i think there is some problem with folders????

What is the exact text of the error message? We can't help you unless
we know exactly what's wrong.

Terry Reedy

Thanks for the reply!!
i ve installed the binary....
but when i import anything of PyQt in my prog it says error....??
i think there is some problem with folders????

If you install in python32/Lib/site-packages, it should work.
But see Andrew's message. Show both actual import statement and
resulting traceback and error.