Pyrex on Windows

Mike Rovner

SM said:
Hi,
I would like to play with Pyrex for Windows. I have no clue how to
install it including a c compiler. Anyone using pyrex on windows who
could give a quickstart?
Stani

You better have some clues about C language first including installing a
compiler and writing some sample programms.

If you skip that step you likely be stucked in debris of _compiled_
Pyrex programs you'll have absolutely no idea how to dial with.

Once you mastered that you can simply use distutils to _invoke_ C
compiler in order to get you .pyd files.

Mike

Richard Blackwood

Mike said:
You better have some clues about C language first including installing
a compiler and writing some sample programms.

Sounds good, but then again, he said he wanted to _play_ with Pyrex, why
discourage him?
If you skip that step you likely be stucked in debris of _compiled_
Pyrex programs you'll have absolutely no idea how to dial with.

Once you mastered that you can simply use distutils to _invoke_ C
compiler in order to get you .pyd files.

Mike
What are you trying to tell him Mike?

Richard Blackwood

Mike said:
What would you say to a kid trying to play with matches? ;)

I expect that that wink indicates you are aware that Pyrex is not a box
of matches, and he has little to nothing other than time to lose.
"You are too small to play with it. It's not your toy (yet)."

What danger will he come upon?
Sorry, life is harsh.

Programming certainly is not, unless he is exploring this for career/job
purposes.