    Stani

    http://spe.pycs.net
    http://www.stani.be
    SM, Nov 14, 2004

  2. SM

    Mike Rovner Guest

    SM wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I would like to play with Pyrex for Windows. I have no clue how to
    > install it including a c compiler. Anyone using pyrex on windows who
    > could give a quickstart?
    > Stani

    You better have some clues about C language first including installing a
    compiler and writing some sample programms.

    If you skip that step you likely be stucked in debris of _compiled_
    Pyrex programs you'll have absolutely no idea how to dial with.

    Once you mastered that you can simply use distutils to _invoke_ C
    compiler in order to get you .pyd files.

    Mike
    Mike Rovner, Nov 16, 2004

  3. Mike Rovner wrote:

    > SM wrote:
    >
    >> Hi,
    >> I would like to play with Pyrex for Windows. I have no clue how to
    >> install it including a c compiler. Anyone using pyrex on windows who
    >> could give a quickstart?
    >> Stani

    > You better have some clues about C language first including installing
    > a compiler and writing some sample programms.

    Sounds good, but then again, he said he wanted to _play_ with Pyrex, why
    discourage him?

    > If you skip that step you likely be stucked in debris of _compiled_
    > Pyrex programs you'll have absolutely no idea how to dial with.
    >
    > Once you mastered that you can simply use distutils to _invoke_ C
    > compiler in order to get you .pyd files.
    >
    > Mike

    What are you trying to tell him Mike?
    Richard Blackwood, Nov 16, 2004
  4. Mike Rovner wrote:

    > Richard Blackwood wrote:
    >
    >> Sounds good, but then again, he said he wanted to _play_ with Pyrex,
    >> why discourage him?

    > What would you say to a kid trying to play with matches? ;)

    I expect that that wink indicates you are aware that Pyrex is not a box
    of matches, and he has little to nothing other than time to lose.

    >> What are you trying to tell him Mike?

    > "You are too small to play with it. It's not your toy (yet)."

    What danger will he come upon?

    > Sorry, life is harsh.

    Programming certainly is not, unless he is exploring this for career/job
    purposes.

    Richard Blackwood, Nov 16, 2004