Pyrolite - a lightweight interface library to connect java to python

Irmen de Jong

Hi,

What's a java interface library doing in comp.lang.python, you might ask.

Well, this one, called 'Pyrolite' is meant to be a lightweight library (<50kb) to
interface your java application to Python in a very easy and straightforward way.

Pyrolite uses the Pyro protocol to call methods on remote objects. This means it also
contains an almost complete implementation of Python's pickle protocol (which can be
used independently).

A small piece of example code (java):

import net.razorvine.pyro.*;
NameServerProxy ns = NameServerProxy.locateNS(null);
PyroProxy something = new PyroProxy(ns.lookup("Your.Pyro_Object"));
Object result = something.call("methodname",42,"arguments",[1,2,3]);

Info, source, download and javadocs: http://irmen.home.xs4all.nl/pyrolite/
Readonly direct svn repository access: svn://svn.razorvine.net/Various/Pyrolite
More info on Pyro: http://irmen.home.xs4all.nl/pyro/

Pyrolite is an experiment. You can use Jython+Pyro as well but I was interested in the
possibilities of a lightweight client-only library. Please let me know your thoughts
about it, and if you decide to use it :)

Enjoy!

Irmen de Jong