Pyserial question

Discussion in 'Python' started by Diez B. Roggisch, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Hi,

    > I am using Pyserial to work with a RS232 device. My question is, how do I
    > write hex to the device or cannot write hex to it pyserial?

    Look into the module struct - it will allow you to convert arbitrary data to
    strings representing this data as binary string. Then you simply write that
    to the serial connection. Reading is the same. I used that sucessfully for
    a Vernier LabPro.

    Regards,

    Diez

    Diez B. Roggisch, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Hello,

    I am using Pyserial to work with a RS232 device. My question is, how do I
    write hex to the device or cannot write hex to it pyserial?

    Kelia Nichols
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However a large number
    of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

    Kelia Nichols, Jan 5, 2004