    contains. Is anyone doing this that way? How do you do that?

    Kind regards
    Franz GEIGER

    F. GEIGER, May 27, 2005

  2. F. GEIGER

    Guest

    F. GEIGER wrote:

    > It would be nice somehow to be able to ask the database what tables it
    > contains. Is anyone doing this that way? How do you do that?

    Information can be found in "Information_Schema_TABLES"

    See:
    http://www.sqlite.org/cvstrac/wiki?p=InformationSchema

    , May 27, 2005

  3. F. GEIGER

    Peter Hansen Guest

    F. GEIGER wrote:
    > For now, the names of the tables, the app knows of, are added into an
    > internal list, when the app is started. Then, when queries fail, the app
    > knoes that it has to create them.
    >
    > It would be nice somehow to be able to ask the database what tables it
    > contains. Is anyone doing this that way? How do you do that?

    The query "select name from sqlite_master where type='table';" should do
    something like that. (I found that info in the FAQ as answer #9.)

    -Peter

    Peter Hansen, May 27, 2005