[pysqlite] Equivalent for SHOW TABLES?

F. GEIGER

For now, the names of the tables, the app knows of, are added into an
internal list, when the app is started. Then, when queries fail, the app
knoes that it has to create them.

It would be nice somehow to be able to ask the database what tables it
contains. Is anyone doing this that way? How do you do that?

Kind regards
Franz GEIGER

Peter Hansen

F. GEIGER said:
For now, the names of the tables, the app knows of, are added into an
internal list, when the app is started. Then, when queries fail, the app
knoes that it has to create them.

It would be nice somehow to be able to ask the database what tables it
contains. Is anyone doing this that way? How do you do that?

The query "select name from sqlite_master where type='table';" should do
something like that. (I found that info in the FAQ as answer #9.)

-Peter