    first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ? Also does anybody know where
    can I download any newer Python related e-book, because there isn't any
    published yet in my country.
    BOOGIEMAN, Jan 24, 2005

  2. "BOOGIEMAN" <> wrote:

    >I found some e-book about Python 2.1, I want to print it but just to check
    > first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ?

    almost everything that works under 2.1 works under 2.4. the opposite
    isn't always true, though. for more information on new stuff, see:

    http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.3/whatsnew/
    http://www.python.org/doc/2.3.4/whatsnew/
    http://www.python.org/doc/2.4/whatsnew/whatsnew24.html

    and

    http://effbot.org/zone/librarybook-py21.htm
    http://effbot.org/zone/librarybook-py22.htm
    http://effbot.org/zone/librarybook-py23.htm

    </F>
    Fredrik Lundh, Jan 24, 2005

  3. Re: Python 2.1 - 2.4 differences

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 17:13:44 +0100, BOOGIEMAN <> wrote:
    > I found some e-book about Python 2.1, I want to print it but just to check
    > first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ?

    Pretty musch the same, but naturally, some things have changed. See
    these documents for the major changes, by release:
    * http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.3/whatsnew/
    * http://www.python.org/doc/2.3/whatsnew/
    * http://www.python.org/doc/2.4/whatsnew/

    --
    Cheers,
    Simon B,
    Simon Brunning, Jan 24, 2005
  4. BOOGIEMAN

    Dan Perl Guest

    I'm not sure whether it's worth learning python from a book on 2.1 because
    of the changes that were made especially in 2.2 (see
    http://www.python.org/doc/2.2.1/whatsnew/,
    http://www.python.org/2.2.1/descrintro.html).

    I don't know of a specific e-book on Python although there are several good
    on-line tutorials. But if getting published books is difficult in your
    country, then I would heartily recommend Safari Books Online
    (http://www.safaribooksonline.com/). I have been using it for a few months
    and I find it to be very useful.

    Dan

    Dan Perl, Jan 24, 2005
  5. >
    > "BOOGIEMAN" <> wrote in message
    >
    >I found some e-book about Python 2.1, I want to print it but just to check
    >first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ? Also does anybody know
    >where
    >can I download any newer Python related e-book, because there isn't any
    >published yet in my country.

    Hi,

    Dive Into Python is available both as a physical book and at
    <http://diveintopython.org/>. It is reported to be a good intro for
    those with programming experience. I don't and found it quite
    readable, albeit after looking at some gentler books first.

    A quick examination of my local copy has a revision date of
    2004-05-20. (There may be a more recent version at the site.) I can't
    seem to find an indication of Python version covered, but some of the
    interactive prompts have at least the Python 2.3.2 version identifier.

    HTH,

    Brian vdB
    Brian van den Broek, Jan 24, 2005
  6. BOOGIEMAN

    RPM1 Guest

    "BOOGIEMAN" <> wrote ...
    > I found some e-book about Python 2.1, I want to print it but just to check
    > first if sintax of Python 2.1 is same as 2.4 ? Also does anybody know

    where
    > can I download any newer Python related e-book, because there isn't any
    > published yet in my country.

    Take a look at:
    http://diveintopython.org
    RPM1, Jan 30, 2005