python 2.2 problem kills yum

Gene Heskett

Greetings list;

I posted a snippet about 36 hours ago, and no one has commented or
offered to help. So I'll post just the revelant piece again.

OS=linux-2.6.8-rc1-mm1 in a 1400mhz athlon

[root@coyote root]# python
Python 2.2.3 (#1, Oct 15 2003, 23:33:35)
[GCC 3.3.1 20030930 (Red Hat Linux 3.3.1-6)] on linux2
Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information.Traceback (most recent call last):
File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
File "/usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxml2.py", line 1, in ?
import libxml2mod
ImportError: /usr/lib/python2.2/site-packages/libxml2mod.so: undefined
symbol: xmlByteConsumed------------------
This python install has been verified by various means many times and
found to be good by all the tools rpm has at its disposal. Here are
a few results:

[root@coyote root]# rpm -qa |grep libxml2
libxml2-python-2.6.6-3
libxml2-2.6.6-3
libxml2-devel-2.6.6-3
[root@coyote root]# rpm -qV libxml2-python-2.6.6-3
[root@coyote root]# rpm -qV libxml2-2.6.6-3
[root@coyote root]# rpm -qV libxml2-devel-2.6.6-3
[root@coyote root]# rpm -qV python-2.2.3
[root@coyote root]#

It's killng any app that uses python here. What can I do to fix this?

--
Cheers, Gene
There are 4 boxes to be used in defense of liberty.