python 2.3 + cx_oracle on HP-UX Itanium

?

=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Bernard_Delm=E9e?=

Hello,

because we are migrating to an Itanium HP-UX server,
I will shortly need to compile python 2.3 and cx_oracle
on that platform. I seem to recall people having problem
compiling python on HP-UX in general, and am interested
in opinions about which compiler to use. Should I require
the HP compiler, or is gcc known to work for this purpose ?

Thanks for any hint,

Bernard.