Python 2.4, Win XP Pro and Tix

Mondal

Hi,

After searching the messages on this group I concluded that perhaps no
one has posted the problem and the solution I mention below.

When I used Tix for the first time I recieved the following error
message.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Python24\lib\lib-tk\Tix.py", line 210, in __init__
self.tk.eval('package require Tix')
TclError: couldn't load library "tix8184.dll": this library or a
dependent library could not be found in library path

The solution is simply to add the path where tix8184.dll resides to the
system variable 'PATH'.
In my case it is C:\Python24\DLLs. Other dlls that are required to be
in the same path are

tclpip84.dll
tcl84.dll
tk84.dll