Python 2.4b1 release date?

John J. Lee

Anybody know when 2.4b1 is currently planned for release?

I'm sure I saw somebody in python-dev mention a date, but I can't find
that post now.

John

John Roth

John J. Lee said:
Anybody know when 2.4b1 is currently planned for release?

I'm sure I saw somebody in python-dev mention a date, but I can't find
that post now.

Look at PEP 320, which is the 2.4 release schedule.
It currently says October 12.

John Roth

Peter L Hansen

John said:
No, *you* found it :) -- I spent ages trying to find it using
Google...

I'm curious what search terms you might have tried (other
than the "python 2.4b1 date" pattern that I used) which
didn't work.

This isn't to point out your hopelessly pathetic ;-) ability
to google, but because I have a perverse interest in aspects
of library science, especially including how people choose
search terms and how "stupid" search engines can sometimes
be, even one with a market capitalization as high as this
one's. :)

-Peter