Python 2.6/3.0 packages for Ubuntu?

skip

Does Ubuntu really not have Python 2.6 or 3.0 packages or do I just have my
package list misconfigured? I'm setting up a fresh machine and am not too
Ubuntu-aware. Is there a list of package repositories around somewhere?

Thx,

Francesco Bochicchio

(e-mail address removed) ha scritto:
Does Ubuntu really not have Python 2.6 or 3.0 packages or do I just have my
package list misconfigured? I'm setting up a fresh machine and am not too
Ubuntu-aware. Is there a list of package repositories around somewhere?

Thx,
In current 8.10, the default python is 2.5, but there is a set of
packages python3-... which gives you the 3.0.

The upcoming 09.04 will have 2.6 as standard, I think ...

Ciao

JanC

Francesco said:
(e-mail address removed) ha scritto:
In current 8.10, the default python is 2.5, but there is a set of
packages python3-... which gives you the 3.0.

It has a 3.0 beta I think (the final version was released too late to
include it).
The upcoming 09.04 will have 2.6 as standard, I think ...

2.6.1 actually, and it has 3.0.1 too, as well as versions of 2.4 (for zope2)
and 2.5. Plus jython & ironpython... ;)

http://packages.ubuntu.com/python
http://packages.ubuntu.com/python2.6
http://packages.ubuntu.com/python3

(For Debian use "packages.debian.org" instead.)