    Skip Montanaro - - http://www.smontanaro.net/
    "XML sucks, dictionaries rock" - Dave Beazley

    , Apr 10, 2009

  2. ha scritto:
    > Does Ubuntu really not have Python 2.6 or 3.0 packages or do I just have my
    > package list misconfigured? I'm setting up a fresh machine and am not too
    > Ubuntu-aware. Is there a list of package repositories around somewhere?
    >
    > Thx,

    In current 8.10, the default python is 2.5, but there is a set of
    packages python3-... which gives you the 3.0.

    The upcoming 09.04 will have 2.6 as standard, I think ...

    Ciao
    -----
    FB

    Francesco Bochicchio, Apr 11, 2009

  3. JanC Guest

    Francesco Bochicchio wrote:

    > ha scritto:
    >> Does Ubuntu really not have Python 2.6 or 3.0 packages or do I just have my
    >> package list misconfigured? I'm setting up a fresh machine and am not too
    >> Ubuntu-aware. Is there a list of package repositories around somewhere?

    > In current 8.10, the default python is 2.5, but there is a set of
    > packages python3-... which gives you the 3.0.

    It has a 3.0 beta I think (the final version was released too late to
    include it).

    > The upcoming 09.04 will have 2.6 as standard, I think ...

    2.6.1 actually, and it has 3.0.1 too, as well as versions of 2.4 (for zope2)
    and 2.5. Plus jython & ironpython... ;)

    http://packages.ubuntu.com/python
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/python2.6
    http://packages.ubuntu.com/python3

    (For Debian use "packages.debian.org" instead.)

    --
    JanC

    JanC, Apr 12, 2009