Python 2.6.4rc1

Discussion in 'Python' started by Barry Warsaw, Oct 7, 2009.

  1. Barry Warsaw

    Barry Warsaw Guest

    Hello everyone.

    The source tarballs and Windows installers for Python 2.6.4rc1 are now
    available:

    http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.4/

    Please download them, install them, and try to use them with your
    projects and environments. Let us know if you encounter any problems
    with them. Hopefully we can avoid the situation with 2.6.3 having
    such critical bugs.

    2.6.4 final is planned for 18-October.

    Cheers,
    -Barry


    -----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
    Version: GnuPG v1.4.9 (Darwin)

    iQIcBAEBCAAGBQJKzM1MAAoJEBJutWOnSwa/5zcP/3EFp2RswSNSkS1O3iWo/9iX
    vTeDWhTmo8xkOgZssvD1Ymu9hebUMykvWhXh2TLjsPAxKXsnJivQYrh6dScyAndt
    uPuPNW/1CEhY5bNk51QAmAAA1NrfkaLZ16ztUrnukpT6Nsm74M2WTmMFcOaGclB3
    VIeTLewPsZPvbJxO4irW9YQGi9eDvwZpd3lxz5DBofZ7MN6n0b9Ha0gtPmOFmUlC
    MBVWu5pQTlV+mAPuprYrR6veD9FBlk6L7xi6awRjiyvqL8OE1DHcojbHKzlH6OcC
    8XbwI7PnWiIK7I9quW957ayZr2WckZxSPiW+1P4wn3NHQDD/DfJeVpqv52lKLKy6
    m77SqzEct54nwsyJjzj43THa9OnRGfuGR8OKewjI2PleVwE80QgT0uce/FnIZZy5
    xm28za6A+hm8Zj12PfFzoJTIX6K4UkSYC9adQKxpvpiCSxJO3IoAbxjBolnAkhFH
    uYgyocyvYfFTFFsb3V//BN8Ii4lo06pjmAeN6nofzH4uWr+3ztORtufg5mSX3kyz
    N2FGTFzCu1A2kkJNg3TdW8i1Eqq+Qn9iTNtjs6r7vfRZWUfrgB0QRDNV8xOaoJBt
    Wf6NQGw6BB89nHwCU5FKCb6UbIKeygM6ENOiFgOkmyuFqlRl4640n8w8xp4+amm9
    l1/gd4dtzq8CgS6XL1Ik
    =BqRJ
    -----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
     
    Barry Warsaw, Oct 7, 2009
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. Barry Warsaw

    Robert H Guest

    On Oct 7, 1:18 pm, Barry Warsaw <> wrote:
    > Hello everyone.
    >
    > The source tarballs and Windows installers for Python 2.6.4rc1 are now  
    > available:
    >
    > http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.4/
    >
    > Please download them, install them, and try to use them with your  
    > projects and environments.  Let us know if you encounter any problems  
    > with them.  Hopefully we can avoid the situation with 2.6.3 having  
    > such critical bugs.
    >
    > 2.6.4 final is planned for 18-October.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > -Barry
    >
    >  PGP.sig
    > < 1KViewDownload


    So I take it builds based on 2.6.3 should be avoided?

    Bob
     
    Robert H, Oct 8, 2009
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. Barry Warsaw

    Carl Banks Guest

    On Oct 7, 6:28 pm, Robert H <> wrote:
    > On Oct 7, 1:18 pm, Barry Warsaw <> wrote:
    >
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > > Hello everyone.

    >
    > > The source tarballs and Windows installers for Python 2.6.4rc1 are now  
    > > available:

    >
    > >http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.4/

    >
    > > Please download them, install them, and try to use them with your  
    > > projects and environments.  Let us know if you encounter any problems  
    > > with them.  Hopefully we can avoid the situation with 2.6.3 having  
    > > such critical bugs.

    >
    > > 2.6.4 final is planned for 18-October.

    >
    > > Cheers,
    > > -Barry

    >
    > >  PGP.sig
    > > < 1KViewDownload

    >
    > So I take it builds based on 2.6.3 should be avoided?


    2.6.3 breaks setuptools:

    http://bugs.python.org/issue7064

    I might upgrade to 2.6.3 just for that benefit alone.


    Carl Banks
     
    Carl Banks, Oct 8, 2009
    #3
  4. On Wed, 07 Oct 2009 19:45:29 -0700, Carl Banks wrote:

    > 2.6.3 breaks setuptools:
    >
    > http://bugs.python.org/issue7064
    >
    > I might upgrade to 2.6.3 just for that benefit alone.


    Well, I knew some people disliked setuptools, but I didn't realize the
    antipathy was so high!



    --
    Steven
     
    Steven D'Aprano, Oct 8, 2009
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Replies:
    0
    Views:
    757
  2. Paul Moore
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    634
    Paul Moore
    Mar 1, 2008
  3. Martin v. Löwis
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    674
    Martin v. Löwis
    Mar 1, 2008
  4. Senthil Kumaran
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    590
    Senthil Kumaran
    Jan 17, 2011
  5. R. David Murray
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    779
    R. David Murray
    Jan 17, 2011
Loading...

Share This Page