Python 2.6.5 release candidate 1 now available

Barry Warsaw

Hello everyone,

The source tarballs and Windows installer for Python 2.6.5 release candidate 1
are now available:

http://www.python.org/download/releases/2.6.5/

Please download them, install them, and try to use them with your favorite
projects and environments. If no regressions are found, we will do the final
release on Monday March 15, 2010. Please test the release candidate as
much as possible in the meantime, and help make 2.6.5 a rock solid release!

Thanks,
-Barry

P.S. The Mac installer will hopefully be available soon.