python 2.6.6 installation problems on osx

jal

Hi All,

I'm attempting a framework install of python 2.6.6 from source, on an
intel mac running osx 10.6.4.

At the end of the install the following errors occur.

install: mkdir /usr/local/bin: Permission denied
make[1]: *** [altinstallunixtools] Error 71
make: *** [frameworkaltinstallunixtools] Error 2

Does anyone one know of a fix?

Kind regards,

Jal

Benjamin Kaplan

Hi All,

I'm attempting a framework install of python 2.6.6 from source, on an
intel mac running osx 10.6.4.

At the end of the install the following errors occur.

install: mkdir /usr/local/bin: Permission denied
make[1]: *** [altinstallunixtools] Error 71
make: *** [frameworkaltinstallunixtools] Error 2

Does anyone one know of a fix?

did you sudo make install or just make install?

jal

I just did 'make install' because according to the osx section of the
README:

On a clean OSX /usr/local does not exist. Do a
"sudo mkdir -m 775 /usr/local"
before you do a make install. It is probably not a good idea
do "sudo make install" which installs everything as superuser,
as this may later cause problems when installing distutils-
based
additions.
jal.