Python 2.6 ImportError: cannot import name SSLType

zerosumgame

I have built python 2.6.1 and 2.6.2 with ssl support (Redhat 3.4.6-9 /
Openssl 0.9.8j).

I am trying to use this with the Apache Qpid project but cannot bring
up an ssl connection because the code relies on socket.SSLType which
is missing from my build. The only references to SSLType I can find
for python is that it is missing from the windows version which I am
not using.

I do not see what is going wrong.

Any tips greatly appreciated.

Roger