    Do I need to use the "--libdir" flag? Or is that referring to "lib"
    not "Library"?

    -Thanks
    Omita, Apr 29, 2009

  2. Omita

    uuid Guest

    Re: Python 2.6 Install on OSX Server 10.5: lWhich flag to use in "configure" to Change the Install location?

    My first intuition would be that - even if it works - this would break
    future OS X updates, since you're probably not fixing the receipt files.

    uuid, Apr 29, 2009

  3. Re: Python 2.6 Install on OSX Server 10.5: lWhich flag to use in "configure" to Change the Install location?

    >O> Long story short... I am installing Python 2.6 on OSX Server. By
    >O> default the Python.framework is installing in /Library:

    >O> /Library/Frameworks/Python.framework

    >O> However, as I am using OSX Server I would ideally like the install
    >O> location to be here:

    >O> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/

    That's a good recipe to ruin your system software.
    --
    Piet van Oostrum <>