python 2.6 py2exe wx app fails

Robin Becker

I'm trying to move a wxPython application forward to 2.6, but although the app
runs fine in 2.6 when run directly when I build the app into an exe using py2exe

I get this popup message

"application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142)"

when I try to run the built exe.

The same application seems to build and run fine with python 2.5 py2exe.

I've tried various googled "solutions", but none seem to work. I do notice that
the standard py2exe samples/advanced test_wx.exe also fails when built in this way.

I'm guessing this may be due to some obscure exe requirement with manifests or
something which varies depending on the base msvc library. Any help much
appreciated.