Python 3.0 C API migration tools, or docs?

Discussion in 'Python' started by illume, Dec 5, 2008.

  1. illume

    illume Guest

    Hi,

    are there migration tools for C API migration to python 3?

    I'm sure there must be some code somewhere to help change stuff over
    right?

    I don't see any docs for migrating code from 2.x to 3.x either:
    http://docs.python.org/3.0/c-api/index.html


    Help needed with this!


    cheers,
     
    illume, Dec 5, 2008
    #1
    1. Advertising

  2. illume

    Benjamin Guest

    Re: Python 3.0 C API migration tools, or docs?

    On Dec 4, 7:45 pm, illume <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > are there migration tools for C API migration to python 3?
    >
    > I'm sure there must be some code somewhere to help change stuff over
    > right?
    >
    > I don't see any docs for migrating code from 2.x to 3.x either:http://docs.python.org/3.0/c-api/index.html


    At the moment all that is officially available is this rather
    incomplete howto: http://docs.python.org/howto/cporting.html
    >
    > Help needed with this!
    >
    > cheers,
     
    Benjamin, Dec 5, 2008
    #2
    1. Advertising

  3. illume

    illume Guest

    Re: Python 3.0 C API migration tools, or docs?

    Cool thanks Benjamin!

    Maybe it should be in a wiki as well? So that as people convert their
    modules we can add notes as well.

    I started a wiki with that in mind here:
    http://wiki.python.org/moin/cporting


    It'd be good if there was a link from the 2to3 docs, and in the C API
    docs to either/both of these resources.


    I thought there'd be much more help for people migrating considering
    the 2to3 tool exists... but I'll get over it... hehe.


    cheers,



    On Dec 5, 1:23 pm, Benjamin <> wrote:
    > On Dec 4, 7:45 pm, illume <> wrote:
    >
    > > Hi,

    >
    > > are there migration tools for C API migration to python 3?

    >
    > > I'm sure there must be some code somewhere to help change stuff over
    > > right?

    >
    > > I don't see any docs for migrating code from 2.x to 3.x either:http://docs.python.org/3.0/c-api/index.html

    >
    > At the moment all that is officially available is this rather
    > incomplete howto:http://docs.python.org/howto/cporting.html
    >
    >
    >
    > > Help needed with this!

    >
    > > cheers,

    >
    >
     
    illume, Dec 5, 2008
    #3
  4. illume

    Benjamin Guest

    Re: Python 3.0 C API migration tools, or docs?

    On Dec 4, 9:06 pm, illume <> wrote:
    > Cool thanks Benjamin!
    >
    > Maybe it should be in a wiki as well?  So that as people convert their
    > modules we can add notes as well.
    >
    > I started a wiki with that in mind here:http://wiki.python.org/moin/cporting
    >
    > It'd be good if there was a link from the 2to3 docs, and in the C API
    > docs to either/both of these resources.
    >
    > I thought there'd be much more help for people migrating considering
    > the 2to3 tool exists... but I'll get over it... hehe.


    Thanks for being so positive. If you'd like to help with the HowTo,
    feel free to email .
    >
    > cheers,
     
    Benjamin, Dec 6, 2008
    #4
    1. Advertising

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

It takes just 2 minutes to sign up (and it's free!). Just click the sign up button to choose a username and then you can ask your own questions on the forum.
Similar Threads
  1. Andrew Thompson

    com.sun.tools.javac.Main ..API docs?

    Andrew Thompson, Jan 4, 2004, in forum: Java
    Replies:
    13
    Views:
    4,756
    Andrew Thompson
    Jan 6, 2004
  2. KYG
    Replies:
    2
    Views:
    972
    Ian Collins
    Aug 18, 2008
  3. Stéphane Wirtel
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    217
    Stéphane Wirtel
    Apr 19, 2007
  4. Al
    Replies:
    1
    Views:
    171
    Henry Law
    Oct 16, 2005
  5. Boni Satani
    Replies:
    0
    Views:
    194
    Boni Satani
    Jan 9, 2014
Loading...

Share This Page