Python 3.1.1 installer botches upgrade when installation is not onC drive.

John Nagle

I just installed "python3.1.1.msi" on a system that had "python3.1.msi"
installed in "D:/python31". The installer found the old installation in
"D:/python31", partially trashed it, and then installed the new version
in "C:/python31".

I uninstalled the failed install, and reinstalled. On a new install,
the installer prompts for the destination dir, and that works.
Upgrade installs, though, are botched.

John Nagle

Gabriel Genellina

I just installed "python3.1.1.msi" on a system that had
"python3.1.msi" installed in "D:/python31". The installer found the old
installation in
"D:/python31", partially trashed it, and then installed the new version
in "C:/python31".

I uninstalled the failed install, and reinstalled. On a new install,
the installer prompts for the destination dir, and that works.
Upgrade installs, though, are botched.

That's strange. I usually install into d:\apps\pythonNN. Apart from the
fact that the installer always suggests c:\pythonNN (even if already
installed in another location) I don't remember a problem like yours.
Which Windows version?