    TIA,
    Tim Daneliuk
    PGP Key: http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

    Tim Daneliuk, Dec 9, 2008

  2. Tim Daneliuk

    Guest

    On Dec 9, 11:58 am, Tim Daneliuk <> wrote:
    > I code in Python 2.x intermittently and have only casually watched the
    > 3.x development discussions.  Now it's time to get up to speed.
    > Has someone written a tutorial for people in my situation.  Yes, I've
    > looked at the release notes, but I'm looking for something that
    > motivates all the major changes to give me a better sense of the
    > Gestalt of the new language.
    >
    > TIA,
    > Tim Daneliuk
    > PGP Key:        http://www.tundraware.com/PGP/

    For starters this should work:

    http://docs.python.org/dev/3.0/whatsnew/3.0.html

    , Dec 9, 2008

  3. Tim Daneliuk

    Terry Reedy Guest

    Tim Daneliuk wrote:
    > I code in Python 2.x intermittently and have only casually watched the
    > 3.x development discussions. Now it's time to get up to speed.
    > Has someone written a tutorial for people in my situation. Yes, I've
    > looked at the release notes, but I'm looking for something that
    > motivates all the major changes to give me a better sense of the
    > Gestalt of the new language.

    All classes are subclasses of object.
    Text strings are unicode.
    Miscellaneous deletions.
    Some new stuff, especially ABCs, though it may be awhile before they
    really inpact Python practice.

    Terry Reedy, Dec 9, 2008