Python 3 xmlrpc client HTTPS problem

Discussion in 'Python' started by Leo List, Jul 16, 2009.

  1. Leo List

    Leo List Guest

    I have just built and installed version 3.1 and all's good, but when I
    try to connect to a server via HTTPS I get the following:

    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.1/xmlrpc/client.py", line 1029, in __call__
    return self.__send(self.__name, args)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.1/xmlrpc/client.py", line 1271, in
    __request
    verbose=self.__verbose
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.1/xmlrpc/client.py", line 1058, in request
    http_conn = self.send_request(host, handler, request_body, verbose)
    File "/usr/local/lib/python3.1/xmlrpc/client.py", line 1183, in
    send_request
    "your version of http.client doesn't support HTTPS")
    NotImplementedError: your version of http.client doesn't support HTTPS

    I am on Ubuntu and have followed the instructions on how to build a
    release with SSL support:

    ./configure CPPFLAGS=-I/usr/include/openssl LDFLAGS=-L/usr/lib/ssl

    Any idea what I'm missing?

    Thanks

    Leo List, Jul 16, 2009