python 64bits on macosx.5 /leopard

Discussion in 'Python' started by Mathieu Prevot, Aug 14, 2008.

  1. Hi,

    in order to run django on apache, I need mod_python in apache, and it
    runs in 64 on leopard, so I need to run python in 64 bits.
    I tryed ./configure --enable-framework OPT="-arch x86_64" but make fails:

    ===================
    gcc -u _PyMac_Error Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python -o python.exe \
    Modules/python.o \
    -ldl
    ld: warning in Modules/python.o, file is not of required architecture
    ===================

    file Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python gives me:

    ===================
    Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python: Mach-O dynamically linked shared
    library i386
    ===================

    Which method do you recommend ?

    Thanks
    Mathieu

    Mathieu Prevot, Aug 14, 2008

  2. On Aug 14, 11:25 am, "Mathieu Prevot" <>
    wrote:
    > in order to run django on apache, I need mod_python in apache, and it
    > runs in 64 on leopard, so I need to run python in 64 bits.
    > I tryed ./configure --enable-framework OPT="-arch x86_64" but make fails:

    There was a thread on the Pythonmac-SIG about this recently. See e.g.

    http://mail.python.org/pipermail/pythonmac-sig/2008-June/020095.html

    and the following messages.

    Mark

    Mark Dickinson, Aug 14, 2008