python 64bits on macosx.5 /leopard

Mathieu Prevot

Hi,

in order to run django on apache, I need mod_python in apache, and it
runs in 64 on leopard, so I need to run python in 64 bits.
I tryed ./configure --enable-framework OPT="-arch x86_64" but make fails:

===================
gcc -u _PyMac_Error Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python -o python.exe \
Modules/python.o \
-ldl
ld: warning in Modules/python.o, file is not of required architecture

file Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python gives me:

Python.framework/Versions/2.6/Python: Mach-O dynamically linked shared
library i386

Which method do you recommend ?

Thanks
Mathieu