Python Active Scripting

darrick

I am very very new to python. I implemented an application to run
vbscript using IActiveScriptSite and others. It works well in
vbscript. I want to include python script and run into problems.

The way i setup my application, I create the script language engine,
call AddNamedItem("XXX", SCRIPTITEM_ISVISIBLE | SCRIPTITEM_ISSOURCE),
give the engine the script to execute, and finally
SetScriptState(SCRIPTSTATE_CONNECTED). After that, I fire a event
OnStart (through IConnectionPoint).

My vbscript looks like this:

some code 1...

Sub XXX_OnStart
some code 2...
End Sub

SetScriptState runs "some code 1...". The event I fired runs "some
code 1..." and "some code 2...".

After switching to python engine, I have my python script like this:

some code 1...

def XXX_OnStart():
some code 2...

SetScriptState runs "some code 1...". However, the event I fired is
not handled. In fact, there is no connections.

What am I missing? I installed python 2.4.1 and
pywin32-204.win32-py2.4 and went through the registration part.

Joined
Oct 12, 2006
Messages
1