Python advanced course (preferably in NA)

Behnam

Anybody is aware of any advanced course in Python preferably in north
america?

I've been partly coding in Python for couple of years now and have
used PyQt. What I'd like to learn more is a kind of advance OOP in
python. Any idea?

BTW, I'm not a computer engineer and have mechanical background.

Thanks in advance!

Eric Snow

Anybody is aware of any advanced course in Python preferably in north
america?

I've been partly coding in Python for couple of years now and have
used PyQt. What I'd like to learn more is a kind of advance OOP in
python. Any idea?

While I don't know specifically, check out the following link (from
the Python site):

http://wiki.python.org/moin/PythonTraining

I have taken a class each (PyCon tutorial) from Raymond Hettinger,
David Beazley, and Brian Jones, and found each of them to be
outstanding courses. Only David is listed on that page to which I
linked, though I know Raymond does courses at least from time to time.
I've also heard a talk from Wesley Chun and found him to be
fantastic.

-eric

Catherine Moroney

I've taken two Python classes from David Beazley and can second
Eric's recommendation. The "advanced" class is really advanced
and goes into some pretty mind-blowing stuff. The class comes with
lots of problems and solutions, and a book of all the slides which are
a great reference. Well worth the time and money!

Catherine

Catherine Moroney

I've taken two Python classes from David Beazley and can second
Eric's recommendation. The "advanced" class is really advanced
and goes into some pretty mind-blowing stuff. The class comes with
lots of problems and solutions, and a book of all the slides which are
a great reference. Well worth the time and money!

Catherine

Emile van Sebille

On 11/3/2011 11:13 AM Behnam said...
Anybody is aware of any advanced course in Python preferably in north
america?

I've been partly coding in Python for couple of years now and have
used PyQt. What I'd like to learn more is a kind of advance OOP in
python. Any idea?

This list works well for that. Try answering all OOP related questions
as completely as possible and provide example code. Those that know the
difference will promptly point out the improved and generally preferred
approaches. When no one corrects you, you're done.

Only-slightly-tongue-in-cheek-ly y'rs,

Emile

Behnam

This was great. Thank you all!