Python and Blender

Discussion in 'Python' started by Reza Fatahi, Jan 11, 2013.

  1. Reza Fatahi

    Reza Fatahi Guest

    Dear Programmers,

    My name is rex and i just finished basic medical science training and
    now i am transitioning to computers. I was funded by the NIH for eight
    years, and have my PhD in biomedicine. I am looking for a mentor who
    can help me transition to become a developer. My goals are to
    contribute to the Blender Python API and to develop a web app for the
    NIH. I have spent the past year on open courseware and app-making
    tutorials.

    There are published sequences that can be used to automate 3D
    rendering of confocal microscopy files using Blender, along with GIMP
    and/or Inkscape:

    https://science.nichd.nih.gov/confl...roscopyto3DIsosurfaceformat-ImportintoBlender

    http://kardon.genetics.utah.edu/Publications/pdfs/WanHansenIEEEComptureGraphicsAppl2012.pdf

    The goal is to have a single page application where scientists can
    upload their .wrl file and the app returns a 3D image or multiple
    images of the confocal microscopy. In the future we can add options
    such as color etc, but if we get the basic shell I would be able to
    write a proposal/plan for further development.

    There are some Django templates available that may possibly help to
    start, i am looking for anyone interested to develop this single page
    application.

    Django templates:

    https://masterbranch.com/blender-django-projects

    If anyone is available as a mentor to assist my transition to a
    developer, I live in the Los Angeles area, I can travel and work, and
    this would be a dream come true. Please feel free to contact me
    anytime.

    email
    phone (818) 571-3626

    Yours Sincerely,