python and dbus - beginner seeking some help

bob

Hello,

First of all, does anyone know whether dbus will allow be to do 3 things:

1. query whether or not there is a dvd drive.
2. query whether or not there is a blank disc in it.
3. query what it's capacity is.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, what should I be considering instead ?

If I am thinking along the right lines, then I'd be grateful for any links
to any guides or tutorials relating to dbus. I have tried looking and
found nothing uesful yet, and I will continue to do so, but I was hoping
someone could help.

Thanks for reading :)

bob

Hello,

First of all, does anyone know whether dbus will allow be to do 3 things:

1. query whether or not there is a dvd drive.
2. query whether or not there is a blank disc in it.
3. query what it's capacity is.

If I'm barking up the wrong tree, what should I be considering instead ?

If I am thinking along the right lines, then I'd be grateful for any links
to any guides or tutorials relating to dbus. I have tried looking and
found nothing uesful yet, and I will continue to do so, but I was hoping
someone could help.

Thanks for reading :)

I've found some info at:

http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/dbus

but even still, additional info can't do any harm, especially if I
struggle to make sense of the information at the above location.