    What do I not understand?

    Thanks,

    Tom

    Tom Richardson, Feb 7, 2004

  2. Tom Richardson

    Guest

    "Tom Richardson" <> wrote in message news:<%38Vb.14040$>...

    > If anyone has any experience using the graphics package DISLIN with Python,
    > I'd appreciate some help.
    >
    > I am trying to use the function tifmod to change the resolution of a tif
    > graphics file. Either I am using it incorrectly, or I don't understand what
    > it is supposed to do.
    > If I use
    >
    > tifmod(N,'INCH','RESOLUTION')
    >
    > and change the value of N, I think the size and properties of the resulting
    > tif file should change; but nothing seems to change, regardless of how I set
    > N (or any of the other parameters). I always get a tif file with the same
    > size and characteristics (I did delete the file before each trial).

    Hi:

    [I once used Python and DISLIN. But nowadays I use something better
    for my scientific calculations: Bigloo (Scheme) + DISLIN.]

    That said: the best you can do: contact directly the developers of
    DISLIN. I made the experience that they are very responsive; you get
    answers as fast as the earth takes for one revolution around itself.

    , Feb 8, 2004

  3. Thank you. I'll work both options.

    Tom Richardson, Feb 8, 2004