Python and GIL

Ana Marija Sokovic

Hi,

Can somebody explain to me how would you proceed in releasing the GIL and
whether you think it will have consequences?

Thanks
Ana

Steven D'Aprano

Hi,

Can somebody explain to me how would you proceed in releasing the GIL
and whether you think it will have consequences?

In pure Python code, you don't need to worry about the GIL, and in fact
you cannot control it. Python controls it.

You only need to release the GIL when writing C extensions.