    Language of general option for generate my project .

    I have only C, C++ and Ada95 ???

    Thanks (and sorry for my english)
    P. Jouin, Jul 25, 2004

  2. P. Jouin

    David Cook Guest

    On 2004-07-25, P. Jouin <> wrote:

    > I work with Linux Mandrake10 and KDE. I have compiled and install :
    > Python 2.3.4
    > pygtk-2.2.0
    > Glade2 2.6.0

    There is now a project to rewrite glade in Python. Certainly should be
    easier to hack on:

    http://gruppy.sicem.biz/pantallazos

    > My problem is : I want to know what can i do for having Python in the
    > Language of general option for generate my project .

    Are you having a specific technical problem, or do you have a more general
    question about pygtk resources? Start here:

    http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=index

    Dave Cook
    David Cook, Jul 25, 2004

  3. P. Jouin

    P. Jouin Guest

    P. Jouin, Jul 25, 2004
  4. Ð’ Ð’Ñк, 25.07.2004, в 23:59, P. Jouin пишет:
    > I work with Linux Mandrake10 and KDE. I have compiled and install :
    > Python 2.3.4
    > pygtk-2.2.0
    > Glade2 2.6.0
    >
    > My problem is : I want to know what can i do for having Python in the
    > Language of general option for generate my project .

    Code generation with glade is deprecated. Write the code yourself and
    just use the XML UI description glade generates. :)

    So select C if you can't tell glade not to generate any code.

    --
    Markus Bertheau <>
    Markus Bertheau, Jul 25, 2004
  5. P. Jouin

    Dave Reed Guest

    On Sunday 25 July 2004 17:59, P. Jouin wrote:
    > I work with Linux Mandrake10 and KDE. I have compiled and install :
    > Python 2.3.4
    > pygtk-2.2.0
    > Glade2 2.6.0
    >
    > My problem is : I want to know what can i do for having Python in the
    > Language of general option for generate my project .
    >
    > I have only C, C++ and Ada95 ???
    >
    > Thanks (and sorry for my english)

    You might find the code I wrote and the article about it in Linux
    Journal useful. Note that this uses libglade to create the interface,
    but also includes "skeleton" code for all the callbacks/signal
    handlers.

    Dave
    Dave Reed, Jul 26, 2004
  6. P. Jouin

    Dave Cook Guest

    In article <ce1c6p$r0c$.9tel.net>, P. Jouin wrote:

    > Thanks for this faq but i have already read it and i have not find why
    > Python is not include in the version 2.6.0 of Glade or what do i do for
    > have it ?

    Glade never generated python code AFAIK, and code generation is now
    deprecated. Use libglade instead. There's a simple example in the pygtk
    distribution in examples/glade. See also the tutorial previously mentioned:

    http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=all#1.9

    Dave Cook
    Dave Cook, Jul 26, 2004
  7. P. Jouin

    Dave Cook Guest

    In article <ce1c6p$r0c$.9tel.net>, P. Jouin wrote:

    > Thanks for this faq but i have already read it and i have not find why
    > Python is not include in the version 2.6.0 of Glade or what do i do for
    > have it ?

    Here's a more up to date list of tutorials:

    Dave Cook
    Dave Cook, Jul 26, 2004
  8. P. Jouin

    Dave Cook Guest

    Dave Cook, Jul 26, 2004
  9. "P. Jouin" <> wrote in message news:<ce1agf$qeu$.9tel.net>...
    > I work with Linux Mandrake10 and KDE. I have compiled and install :
    > Python 2.3.4
    > pygtk-2.2.0
    > Glade2 2.6.0
    >
    > My problem is : I want to know what can i do for having Python in the
    > Language of general option for generate my project .
    >
    > I have only C, C++ and Ada95 ???
    >
    > Thanks (and sorry for my english)

    just writte thw code in a separated file and use the xml created by
    glade as Markus Bertheau said... is impossible to add the python to
    the list because glade don't have natural support for this ...

    this is what i think ... i am new .. or something..
    if you don't know how to work with the gtk you have to learn .. try
    the tutorial!!
    R?ben Gon?alves, Jul 26, 2004
  10. P. Jouin

    Guest