Python and Glade-2

P. Jouin

I work with Linux Mandrake10 and KDE. I have compiled and install :
Python 2.3.4
pygtk-2.2.0
Glade2 2.6.0

My problem is : I want to know what can i do for having Python in the
Language of general option for generate my project .

I have only C, C++ and Ada95 ???

Thanks (and sorry for my english)

David Cook

I work with Linux Mandrake10 and KDE. I have compiled and install :
Python 2.3.4
pygtk-2.2.0
Glade2 2.6.0

There is now a project to rewrite glade in Python. Certainly should be
easier to hack on:

http://gruppy.sicem.biz/pantallazos
My problem is : I want to know what can i do for having Python in the
Language of general option for generate my project .

Are you having a specific technical problem, or do you have a more general
question about pygtk resources? Start here:

http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=index

Dave Cook

Markus Bertheau

Ð’ Ð’Ñк, 25.07.2004, в 23:59, P. Jouin пишет:
I work with Linux Mandrake10 and KDE. I have compiled and install :
Python 2.3.4
pygtk-2.2.0
Glade2 2.6.0

My problem is : I want to know what can i do for having Python in the
Language of general option for generate my project .

Code generation with glade is deprecated. Write the code yourself and
just use the XML UI description glade generates. :)

So select C if you can't tell glade not to generate any code.

Dave Reed

I work with Linux Mandrake10 and KDE. I have compiled and install :
Python 2.3.4
pygtk-2.2.0
Glade2 2.6.0

My problem is : I want to know what can i do for having Python in the
Language of general option for generate my project .

I have only C, C++ and Ada95 ???

Thanks (and sorry for my english)

You might find the code I wrote and the article about it in Linux
Journal useful. Note that this uses libglade to create the interface,
but also includes "skeleton" code for all the callbacks/signal
handlers.

Dave

Dave Cook

Thanks for this faq but i have already read it and i have not find why
Python is not include in the version 2.6.0 of Glade or what do i do for
have it ?

Glade never generated python code AFAIK, and code generation is now
deprecated. Use libglade instead. There's a simple example in the pygtk
distribution in examples/glade. See also the tutorial previously mentioned:

http://www.async.com.br/faq/pygtk/index.py?req=all#1.9

Dave Cook

Dave Cook

Thanks for this faq but i have already read it and i have not find why
Python is not include in the version 2.6.0 of Glade or what do i do for
have it ?

Here's a more up to date list of tutorials:

Dave Cook

R?ben Gon?alves

P. Jouin said:
I work with Linux Mandrake10 and KDE. I have compiled and install :
Python 2.3.4
pygtk-2.2.0
Glade2 2.6.0

My problem is : I want to know what can i do for having Python in the
Language of general option for generate my project .

I have only C, C++ and Ada95 ???

Thanks (and sorry for my english)

just writte thw code in a separated file and use the xml created by
glade as Markus Bertheau said... is impossible to add the python to
the list because glade don't have natural support for this ...

this is what i think ... i am new .. or something..
if you don't know how to work with the gtk you have to learn .. try
the tutorial!!