    Lehrstuhl fuer Numerische Mathematik
    RWTH - Aachen University
    D 52056 Aachen, Germany

    Helmut Jarausch, Jun 5, 2008

  2. On Thu, 05 Jun 2008 11:58:14 +0200, Helmut Jarausch wrote:

    > Today I've got an email from Amazon recommending me
    > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
    >
    > and they told me why they recommended this book,
    > because I've bought
    > Core PYTHON Programming
    >
    > Didn't know, Harry Potter is a Python fan.

    I would've expected something with more magic, like Perl. :)

    Ciao,
    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch

    Marc 'BlackJack' Rintsch, Jun 5, 2008

  3. Helmut Jarausch

    Casey Guest

    Python fan??? Harry speaks Python fluently. We should all be so
    lucky!

    I'm told Harry is looking forward to Py3K and getting rid of all the
    old (hog)warts ....

    Casey, Jun 5, 2008
  4. Helmut Jarausch

    Hans Nowak Guest

    Helmut Jarausch wrote:
    > Hi,
    > just to let you know ...
    >
    > Today I've got an email from Amazon recommending me
    > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
    >
    > and they told me why they recommended this book,
    > because I've bought
    > Core PYTHON Programming
    >
    > Didn't know, Harry Potter is a Python fan.

    If you scan the alt.fan.harry-potter archives carefully, you will find at least
    one well-known Python core developer. :)

    --
    Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon at gmail dot com)
    http://4.flowsnake.org/

    Hans Nowak, Jun 5, 2008
  5. Casey wrote:

    > Python fan??? Harry speaks Python fluently. We should all be so
    > lucky!
    >
    > I'm told Harry is looking forward to Py3K and getting rid of all
    > the old (hog)warts ....

    Well, how about another Python renaming flame thread then? Let's
    call Python 3.0 "Parselmouth" instead ...

    Regards,

    Björn

    --
    BOFH excuse #83:

    Support staff hung over, send aspirin and come back LATER.

    Bjoern Schliessmann, Jun 5, 2008
  6. On Thu, Jun 5, 2008 at 10:29 AM, Hans Nowak
    <zephyrfalcon!NO_SPAM!@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Helmut Jarausch wrote:
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >> just to let you know ...
    >>
    >> Today I've got an email from Amazon recommending me
    >> Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows
    >>
    >> and they told me why they recommended this book,
    >> because I've bought
    >> Core PYTHON Programming
    >>
    >> Didn't know, Harry Potter is a Python fan.

    > If you scan the alt.fan.harry-potter archives carefully, you will find at
    > least one well-known Python core developer. :)

    Maybe Guido himself:
    "The Harry Potter Theory of Programming Language Design"

    > Hans Nowak (zephyrfalcon at gmail dot com)
    > http://4.flowsnake.org/

    Eduardo de Oliveira Padoan
    http://www.advogato.org/person/eopadoan/
    http://twitter.com/edcrypt