python and multimedia

Vedran Furac

Is there any modules dealing with multimedia (it needs to be portable
between windows and linux). I didn't found anything useful.
For audio I need something to play mp3s (and ogg), extract frames,
basic sound editing and effects. For video I need to play mpeg1,2,4, encode,
decode it, basic editing and frames extracting. Also I need something to
capture video from tuner. I found fastaudio (portaudio), pyffmpeg (ffmpeg)
pyVidCapture. But it lacks of documentation and I don't know if it even
works...demo/test.py doesn't (at least for me).
http://www.freenet.org.nz/python/pyPortAudio/
http://207.34.118.42/~john/pyffmpeg/
Any suggestions?

Sorry for my bad english.

Brendan O'Connor

Hi,

You might want to check out http://pygame.org which can at least do some of
the sound stuff. It wraps the SDL library which runs on both Linux and
Windows.

-Brendan