Python and postgres

Steve

Hi,

I have postgres 7.4.1 running on my server and I've been trying to find
a good python-postgres interface module. I installed Pygres on another
machine running Linux using a RPM release and it works. However, I need
to do the same for an alpha server and I can't find source files for
PyGres that would compile with 7.4.1 anywhere. Can someone please help
me out? I need a good postgres python interface to work with.

Cheers,

Steve

Weinhandl Herbert

Steve said:
Hi,

I have postgres 7.4.1 running on my server and I've been trying to find
a good python-postgres interface module. I installed Pygres on another
machine running Linux using a RPM release and it works. However, I need
to do the same for an alpha server and I can't find source files for

you may want to try psycopg :

http://www.initd.org/software/initd/psycopg

i've compiled it successfully on my machines.

it requires mxDateTime installed :

http://www.egenix.com/files/python/egenix-mx-base-2.0.5.tar.gz

from Python's db-sig :
psycopg (PostgreSQL)
A DB-API 2.0 compliant driver designed to support heavily
multithreaded applications with many cursors. Cursors can be very
short-lived since the driver has an intelligent system for reusing
db connections at libpq level. Supports thread level 2.
PyGres that would compile with 7.4.1 anywhere. Can someone please help
me out? I need a good postgres python interface to work with.

Cheers,

Steve

Herbert