Python and SOAP

Peter Schaefer

Hello!

I'd like to write a SOAP client and a SOAP server
in Python.

Is SOAPy still the way to go, or are there better
methods?

Regards,

Peter

Nelson Minar

Peter Schaefer said:
Is SOAPy still the way to go, or are there better methods?

SOAPy hasn't been maintained in awhile. The two contemporary options
are ZSI or SOAPpy, both at
http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/
ZSI seems to have more serious development now, but neither is perfect.

You should consider doing a document/literal service instead of
rpc/encoded, the old way. Unfortunately in my experience doc/lit
doesn't work as well with Python, but it's a better way of doing
things. The ZSI guys are working at it.

Peter Schaefer

SOAPy hasn't been maintained in awhile. The two contemporary options
are ZSI or SOAPpy, both at
http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/
ZSI seems to have more serious development now, but neither is perfect.

You should consider doing a document/literal service instead of
rpc/encoded, the old way. Unfortunately in my experience doc/lit
doesn't work as well with Python, but it's a better way of doing
things. The ZSI guys are working at it.

Great! I took a look, seems promising.
Thanks a lot!

Best regards,

Peter

Diez B. Roggisch

I'd like to write a SOAP client and a SOAP server
in Python.

Is SOAPy still the way to go, or are there better
methods?

If you really need SOAP, Nelson did answer your question. But if you are
only communicating between two python processes, I suggest pyro.