    --
    Meine E-Mail Adresse enthält keine Zahlen.
    My email address doesn't contain numbers.

    Peter Schaefer, Jan 20, 2005

  2. Peter Schaefer

    Nelson Minar Guest

    Peter Schaefer <> writes:
    > Is SOAPy still the way to go, or are there better methods?

    SOAPy hasn't been maintained in awhile. The two contemporary options
    are ZSI or SOAPpy, both at
    http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/
    ZSI seems to have more serious development now, but neither is perfect.

    You should consider doing a document/literal service instead of
    rpc/encoded, the old way. Unfortunately in my experience doc/lit
    doesn't work as well with Python, but it's a better way of doing
    things. The ZSI guys are working at it.

    Nelson Minar, Jan 21, 2005

  3. On 21.01.2005 01:16, Nelson Minar wrote:
    > Peter Schaefer <> writes:
    >
    > SOAPy hasn't been maintained in awhile. The two contemporary options
    > are ZSI or SOAPpy, both at
    > http://pywebsvcs.sourceforge.net/
    > ZSI seems to have more serious development now, but neither is perfect.
    >
    > You should consider doing a document/literal service instead of
    > rpc/encoded, the old way. Unfortunately in my experience doc/lit
    > doesn't work as well with Python, but it's a better way of doing
    > things. The ZSI guys are working at it.

    Great! I took a look, seems promising.
    Thanks a lot!

    Best regards,

    Peter

    Peter Schaefer, Jan 21, 2005
  4. > I'd like to write a SOAP client and a SOAP server
    > in Python.
    >
    > Is SOAPy still the way to go, or are there better
    > methods?

    If you really need SOAP, Nelson did answer your question. But if you are
    only communicating between two python processes, I suggest pyro.

    --
    Regards,

    Diez B. Roggisch

    Diez B. Roggisch, Jan 21, 2005