    Cheetah)? If it is not, is it comparable in cost?

    Thanks
    Ken
    Ken Fettig, Aug 9, 2003

  2. Ken Fettig

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Ken Fettig" <> writes:
    > Hello, I am begining to learn the Python language and I am enjoying its
    > flexibility. I do have a question. I am considering using Python for web
    > development. I have found that a huge number of web hosts offer support for
    > PHP. How hard is it to find a Web Host that will allow you to you to run
    > your own Python scripts, web or app server, template engine (Zope or
    > Cheetah)? If it is not, is it comparable in cost?

    There are some hosts that let you run Python scripts. They're not as
    easy to find as PHP hosts, but they're out there. Sometimes they don't
    always have the latest version, and so forth.

    Another possibility is to run a host or virtual host of your own.
    That lets you install any software you want. It's a bit more
    expensive than basic web hosting, and you have to do more of your own
    system administration, but it's much more flexible.

    See http://www.usermodelinux.org for pointers to some providers.
    Paul Rubin, Aug 9, 2003

  3. Ken Fettig

    J. W. McCall Guest

    Ken Fettig wrote:
    > Hello, I am begining to learn the Python language and I am enjoying its
    > flexibility. I do have a question. I am considering using Python for web
    > development. I have found that a huge number of web hosts offer support for
    > PHP. How hard is it to find a Web Host that will allow you to you to run
    > your own Python scripts, web or app server, template engine (Zope or
    > Cheetah)? If it is not, is it comparable in cost?
    >
    > Thanks
    > Ken

    I have an account with www.freeshell.org. It has support for Python,
    C/C++, PHP, Perl, and quite a few other languages. You have to make a
    one-time donation of $30 or so (it's a nonprofit public shell account
    provider) to get web hosting and all that. You also get a full Unix
    shell account.

    You might want to check it out. I'm not sure about Zope or Cheetah,
    whatever those are (I'm new to Python), but it definately supports
    Python. I just wrote some scripts for my web site on there.

    J. W. McCall
    J. W. McCall, Aug 9, 2003
  4. Ken Fettig

    Paul Gross Guest

    Here is a list of web hosts which offer python:

    http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/moinmoin/PythonHosting

    Paul Gross, Aug 9, 2003