    SWE Autodesk.
    There are 10 types of people.
    Those who undertand binary, and those who don't
    Isaac Rodriguez, Jun 22, 2005

  2. Isaac Rodriguez

    Peter Maas Guest

    Isaac Rodriguez schrieb:
    > Does anyone know of a Python API to manipulate CAB files?

    If there is a Windows API you can probybly call it from Python
    using Mark Hammond's Win32 extensions.

    Peter Maas, M+R Infosysteme, D-52070 Aachen, Tel +49-241-93878-0
    Peter Maas, Jun 22, 2005

  3. On 6/22/05, Peter Maas <> wrote:
    > Isaac Rodriguez schrieb:
    > > Does anyone know of a Python API to manipulate CAB files?

    I guess you'll have to interface with setupapi.dll
    (SetupIterateCabinet) via ctypes, or with Microsoft Cabinet utilities
    via subprocess module. Neither is what people call fun...

    - kv
    Konstantin Veretennicov, Jun 23, 2005
  4. Konstantin Veretennicov <> writes:

    > On 6/22/05, Peter Maas <> wrote:
    >> Isaac Rodriguez schrieb:
    >> > Does anyone know of a Python API to manipulate CAB files?

    > I guess you'll have to interface with setupapi.dll
    > (SetupIterateCabinet) via ctypes, or with Microsoft Cabinet utilities
    > via subprocess module. Neither is what people call fun...
    >
    > - kv

    Probably not what you mean with 'manipulate CAB files', but it may give
    a start with ctypes and cab:

    http://starship.python.net/crew/theller/moin.cgi/CreateCab

    Thomas
    Thomas Heller, Jun 23, 2005