    In particular I am trying to find documentation on the function
    string.find

    -RR

    RR, Sep 19, 2003

  2. RR

    Bob Gailer Guest

    At 04:10 PM 9/19/2003, RR wrote:

    >Hello, where is nice site that would have python API documentation?
    >In particular I am trying to find documentation on the function
    >string.find

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-string.html

    This is part of the string module. Be aware that for most string operations
    you no longer need this module; you can use the find method of a string e.g
    haystack.find('needle') (assuming haystack is a variable bound to a string.)

    Bob Gailer

    303 442 2625

    ---

    Bob Gailer, Sep 19, 2003

  3. RR wrote:

    > Hello, where is nice site that would have python API documentation?
    > In particular I am trying to find documentation on the function
    > string.find

    python.org has the Language and Standard References.

    The string module is documented here:

    http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/module-string.html

    / \ Forgiveness is another word for letting go.
    \__/ Matthew Fox

    Erik Max Francis, Sep 19, 2003
  4. In article <>, RR wrote:
    > Hello, where is nice site that would have python API documentation?
    > In particular I am trying to find documentation on the function
    > string.find

    In addition to the library docs, you can also get help in interactive mode

    >>> help(''.find) # help on the find method
    >>> import string; help(string) # help on the string module

    Dave Cook

    David M. Cook, Sep 20, 2003