    http://pysch.sourceforge.net/ast.html

    --
    Oleg
    Oleg Paraschenko, Oct 28, 2004

  2. Oleg Paraschenko

    Andy Dingley Guest

    On 27 Oct 2004 23:09:02 -0700, (Oleg Paraschenko)
    wrote:

    >maybe of some interest:

    Maybe 5 years ago, before we realised what a bad idea it was.

    Andy Dingley, Oct 28, 2004

  3. Hello,

    Andy Dingley <> wrote in message
    > On 27 Oct 2004 23:09:02 -0700, (Oleg Paraschenko)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >maybe of some interest:

    > Maybe 5 years ago, before we realised what a bad idea it was.

    Definitely, I'm not from this "we" set.

    Oleg Paraschenko, Oct 29, 2004
  4. Oleg Paraschenko

    Paul Boddie Guest

    Andy Dingley <> wrote in message news:<>...
    > On 27 Oct 2004 23:09:02 -0700, (Oleg Paraschenko)
    > wrote:
    >
    > >maybe of some interest:

    > Maybe 5 years ago, before we realised what a bad idea it was.

    Actually, it's something I've considered before myself, and there are
    apparently various extensions to GCC (the compiler suite, not just the
    C compiler) which support similar concepts, so I suppose it's the
    royal "we" you're using.

    Paul Boddie, Nov 2, 2004
  5. "Oleg Paraschenko" <> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > maybe of some interest:
    >
    > http://pysch.sourceforge.net/ast.html

    This is definitely of interest.

    An AST as any tree is a perfect fit for XSLT processing. Many people
    overlook the fact that XSLT operates on generic trees, which do not have to
    necessarily originate from an XML document.

    My personal experience in implementing graph-processing algorithms in XSLT
    (e.g. Eulerisation of a graph -- the chinese postman and the N.Y street
    sweeper algorithms) shows that XSLT is efficient programming language for
    such problems -- similarly it will be efficient in rewriting and
    optimization.

    Do keep the good work, Oleg!

    Cheers,

    Dimitre.