Python Audio (Alpy, Fastaudio, Etc Etc)

Discussion in 'Python' started by Daniel Joyce, Sep 16, 2003.

  1. Daniel Joyce

    Daniel Joyce Guest

    Well, it seems there are groups of python audio interface libraries out
    there.

    One problem. I can't tell if any of them support multiple sound cards. I'm
    working on a project that will require me to access and record from more
    than one soundcard.

    Does anyone know of a Python wrapper that allows this? I know Alsa allows
    multiple sound cards, and accessing them, but I'm having little luck
    groking the python modules. Some seem to have /dev/dsp programmed into
    them.

    I can make modifications myself, so what is the cleanest library out there?

    --
    ----
    The Meek shall inherit the Earth,
    Daniel Joyce, Sep 16, 2003

  2. On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:30:47 GMT, Daniel Joyce
    <> wrote:

    > Well, it seems there are groups of python audio interface libraries out
    > there.
    >
    > One problem. I can't tell if any of them support multiple sound cards.
    > I'm
    > working on a project that will require me to access and record from more
    > than one soundcard.
    >
    > Does anyone know of a Python wrapper that allows this? I know Alsa allows
    > multiple sound cards, and accessing them, but I'm having little luck
    > groking the python modules. Some seem to have /dev/dsp programmed into
    > them.
    >
    > I can make modifications myself, so what is the cleanest library out
    > there?

    Never used it myself, but FMOD looks like one of the best out there - and
    there is a Python wrapper available.

    http://www.fmod.org/

    --
    Markus