Python Audio (Alpy, Fastaudio, Etc Etc)

Daniel Joyce

Well, it seems there are groups of python audio interface libraries out
there.

One problem. I can't tell if any of them support multiple sound cards. I'm
working on a project that will require me to access and record from more
than one soundcard.

Does anyone know of a Python wrapper that allows this? I know Alsa allows
multiple sound cards, and accessing them, but I'm having little luck
groking the python modules. Some seem to have /dev/dsp programmed into
them.

I can make modifications myself, so what is the cleanest library out there?

Markus Wankus

Well, it seems there are groups of python audio interface libraries out
there.

One problem. I can't tell if any of them support multiple sound cards.
I'm
working on a project that will require me to access and record from more
than one soundcard.

Does anyone know of a Python wrapper that allows this? I know Alsa allows
multiple sound cards, and accessing them, but I'm having little luck
groking the python modules. Some seem to have /dev/dsp programmed into
them.

I can make modifications myself, so what is the cleanest library out
there?

Never used it myself, but FMOD looks like one of the best out there - and
there is a Python wrapper available.

http://www.fmod.org/