    Python/Django developers. Any input on this? I do understand that it
    does depend on the location, amount of experience and skills. I'd like
    to hear what are the hourly rates within your area :) Thanks!

    czarina08, Dec 25, 2010

  2. Howdy!

    > I'm doing a market research report on the average hourly rates for
    > Python/Django developers. Any input on this? I do understand that it
    > does depend on the location, amount of experience and skills. I'd like
    > to hear what are the hourly rates within your area :) Thanks!

    I'm a strange case, but I like to charge my clients what my clients
    charge theirs. It's only fair. ;)

    This, of course, results in my rates varying from between $25 and $125,
    with a mean of ~$50/hr.

    More often, though, fixed payment is arranged on a per-project basis
    regardless of hours, which I understand to be a dangerous practice.
    (Scope creep is my arch nemesis! ;)

    - Alice

    Alice Bevan–McGregor, Dec 25, 2010

  3. czarina08

    Katie T Guest

    On Sat, Dec 25, 2010 at 11:38 AM, czarina08 <> wrote:
    > I'm doing a market research report on the average hourly rates for
    > Python/Django developers. Any input on this? I do understand that it
    > does depend on the location, amount of experience and skills. I'd like
    > to hear what are the hourly rates within your area :) Thanks!

    Sector and location have a much bigger impact than language/platform
    on salary (although obviously demand for different languages varies
    by sector and location as well).

    Katie
    --
    CoderStack